How is it possible to know which VPN Service is the better? This is the question that comes in our mind when we are about to buy a Personal VPN Account. When we see that you can find so many providers, we can not but wonder which one is the better.
However according to what each person needs “best” can mean another thing. Some of us will require VPN to bypass Internet restrictions and access blocked websites, others utilize it in order to be able to watch foreign online TV shows on HULU, HULU Plus, BBC, Fox or NBC, while some only think about online anonymity. Anyway, effectively, a Personal VPN Service can satisfy all these needs.
Still with the amount of VPN Providers always increasing, there are a few basis criteria your attention must turn to before you select your VPN Service Provider.
Here are some of them:
1) First of all, take a look at the available server locations (this will be important as the IP that will replace yours is among the server`s public IP addresses; this can allow you to access online programs offered only in specific areas).
2 ) The speed of the VPN connection. This is generally boosted by your proximity to the server`s location and is closely related to the Internet speed supplied by your ISP. Read some reviews and see what other people have to say about this. It would be quite annoying to wait each and every time 10 seconds or more for a website to load. This may easily be the most important aspect in selecting a VPN Provider.
3) The VPN Account Setup process. Some VPN setups require the installation or configuration of pretty much complicated software, while others do not and are very easy to follow.
4) May be the service provided reliable? The reliability identifies the stability of the connection. Does it work all the time? Any downtime? How often it happens? You can’t feel great online if your VPN disconnects every 10 minutes.
5) The limit on bandwidth. This refers to the traffic offered. Some services provide 5 to 20GB monthly while some offer unlimited bandwidth. If you’re a big of P2P, you ought to be tempted to choose an unlimited one.
6) The technical support. You will maybe encounter some issues with your connection or perhaps a drop from the server and you may need technical assistance. May be the technical support tech-savvy enough to help you? Do they have enough knowledge to solve your issue? Are formula 1 streaming prompt, polite and proactive?
7) VPN protocols. In the event that you really worry about your computer data security then look for an ultra-secure VPN protocol like OpenVPN or SSTP that delivers probably the most advanced and secure encryption available. Some providers offer them as standard features. If not, PPTP`s or and L2TP`s encryption can do fine for you.
8) The price: after you check criteria above, you can compare the provider`s prices and select the best one for you. Do not forget: the most expensive isn’t always the best also it all depends of one’s needs. Prices generally fluctuate between 5$ and 30$/month.